This Saturday, April 30th, 2016 workers and their families will be marching and holding a rally in the city of Los Angeles to commemorate the International Workers' Day and the 10th Anniversary of El Gran Paro Estadounidense.
3pm March begins traveling north on Main Street (approximately 10 city blocks)
4pm March arrives at Los Angeles City Hall
4-6pm Info & group Booths open
RSVP through the following website:
“Despite huge advancements in technology and productivity, millions of Americans are working longer hours for lower wages. The real median income of male workers is $783 less than it was 42 years ago; while the real median income of female workers is over $1,300 less than it was in 2007. That is unacceptable and that has got to change.”
"No one who works 40 hours a week should be living in poverty." --Bernie Sanders, July 22, 2015
When the working class stands together and is prepared to fight back, there is nothing that can't be accomplished.
In coordination with the Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign we make the following demands:
1. Make it easier for workers to collectively bargain for better wages, benefits, and working conditions by joining unions. The Bernie Sanders Brigade endorses Bernie Sanders' commitment in fighting for the Employee Free Choice Act.
2. Demanding that large corporations pay their fair share in taxes by preventing them from shifting their profits and jobs overseas to avoid paying U.S. income taxes.
3. Increasing the federal minimum wage from $7.25 to $15 an hour by 2020. In the year 2016, no one who works 40 hours a week should be living in poverty.
4. Putting at least 13 million Americans to work by investing $1 trillion over five years towards rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.
5. Reversing trade policies like NAFTA, CAFTA, and PNTR with China that have driven down wages and caused the loss of millions of jobs.
6. Creating 1 million jobs for disadvantaged young Americans by investing $5.5 billion in a youth jobs program.
7. Fighting for pay equity by signing the Paycheck Fairness Act into law.
8. Requiring employers to provide at least 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave; two weeks of paid vacation; and 7 days of paid sick days.
If the working class stands together, we will win.
Working People of America. Rise. Stand Together. Because Out of Many, We Are One. We Shall Overcome. Venceremos!
Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
250 South Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
|Volunteer-led event||This event is led by one of many groups and individuals who are organizing volunteer-led actions in your area. Please respect your event's hosts, coordinators and attendees. Consider creating your own volunteer event in the future!|